1. Begin your tour by visiting Safed (Tzfat), a city with a rich Jewish heritage and a centre for Jewish mysticism, known as Kabbalah. Explore the narrow, cobblestone streets of the Old City and visit historic synagogues, art galleries, and Kabbalah study centres. Immerse yourself in the spiritual atmosphere and learn about the teachings and practices of Jewish mysticism.
2. Proceed to the Rashbi Tomb, also known as the Tomb of Rabbi Shimon bar Yochai, located in the village of Meron. This site is associated with the renowned Jewish mystic and author of the Zohar, a fundamental text in Kabbalah. Pay your respects and learn about the traditions and customs associated with visiting the tomb.
3. Visit Tiberias, a city with great historical and religious significance in Jewish tradition. Explore the waterfront promenade and take in the scenic views of the Sea of Galilee. Discover the ancient synagogues of Tiberias, such as the Abulafia Synagogue and the famous Tomb of Maimonides (Rambam), one of the greatest Jewish scholars in history.
4. Journey to Sepphoris (Zippori), an archaeological site known for its well-preserved remains of a Jewish city during the Roman period. Explore the ancient ruins, including the Roman theatre, mosaics, and the House of the Mona Lisa. Learn about the Jewish life and cultural significance of Sepphoris during that era.
5. Visit Beit Shearim National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and an important Jewish burial site from the Roman and Byzantine periods. Explore the catacombs and ancient burial caves adorned with intricate and well-preserved Jewish symbols and inscriptions. Gain insights into Jewish burial customs and the historical significance of Beit Shearim.