1. Start your tour by heading to Bethlehem and visit the Church of the Nativity, one of the most significant Christian sites. Explore the ancient church, which is believed to be the birthplace of Jesus, and admire its beautiful architecture and religious artifacts.
2. Journey to the Shepherd’s Field, located just outside Bethlehem. This is where the shepherds received the angel’s message about the birth of Jesus. Take a moment to reflect on the biblical significance of the site and enjoy the peaceful surroundings.
3. Proceed to Qasr el-Yahud, the traditional site of Jesus’ baptism on the banks of the Jordan River. Explore the area, which is believed to be the same spot where Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist. Take the opportunity for personal reflection and witness the serene atmosphere of this sacred place.
4. Continue your journey to Hisham’s Palace, an archaeological site near Jericho. Explore the well-preserved remnants of an Umayyad palace, including the beautiful mosaics and the famous “Tree of Life” mosaic.
5. Head to Mount Temptation (Jebel Quruntul), where Jesus is believed to have been tempted by the devil.
6. Visit the Sycamore Tree, located in the city of Jericho. According to biblical tradition, this is where Zacchaeus, a tax collector, climbed the tree to get a glimpse of Jesus. Take a moment to see the ancient tree and reflect on the story associated with it.
7. Take some time to explore the ancient city of Jericho, which is one of the oldest inhabited cities in the world. Discover its rich history, archaeological sites, and vibrant culture.